April 17, 2013 § Leave a comment
A list of things I fear about becoming 30. May they fly away once out there!
1) That people will pester me about starting a family.
2) That I’ll probably never start one.
3) That everyone will start noticing my grey hair.
4) That I’ll be having less sex.
6) That I’ll be attracting 20 year old college boys. Only.
7) That I’ll never own an apartment that I can decorate according to my taste.
8) That I’ll never own my dream office for my private practice.
9) That I’ll actually have to start using all those beauty products in my cabin.
10) That I’ll have to cut
down on booze.
11) That people in the bus will start addressing me in courtesy language.
12) That I’ll have to cut my hair, cos long
doesn’t flatter older women.
13) That I might consider staying on 29. For ever.
14) That I might never again want to celebrate my birthday.
15) That all my friends will be talking about babies and family holidays.
16) That if I arrange my girls-only dream trip, none will be able to join cos they’ll be breastfeeding.
17) That I may start crying during romantic comedies.
19) That playing all day COD with my man will not be considered a cool thing anymore.
20) That once 5) happens people will be hooking me up with a bunch of nice guys whereas I’ll just want to turn into a lesbian.
21) That the first thing I’ll open my eyes to once I’m 30 will be my first wrinkle.
22) That people will get me presents with lame jokes about getting older.
23) That it’ll be inappropriate to sing this out loud.
24) That I’ll start saving money for boobs instead of retirement.
25) That I’ll start saving money for retirement instead of boobs.
26) That movies+dinner will be considered an adventure.
27) That I’ll wear my heels even less often than now.
28) That when the day comes, I’ll act like Joey.
29) That I’ll start having a crush on Justin Bieber.
30) That I’ll have even more moronic fears like these.
April 11, 2013 § 2 Comments
Grey hair. Not 2-3 but more like 8. I saw them last night in the bathroom’s mirror, I am telling you the truth! Grey roots, sparkling and very strong I may add.
Me last night:
I have a general fear of ageing, now that facts started kicking I’m kinda horrified. So it is inevitable after all… I noticed the first ones last year or so, I remember Mf asking me how I felt about it but back then I was pretty cool. Maybe I thought they wouldn’t be any more of these spider webs ruining my beloved (very) long hair. Turns out he had a point asking me, predicting my reaction before I could.
I searched the i-nets and found out that smoking, drinking and stress can speed up the process if your genes are set towards that way-the grey way (surprised?). So I panicked, I went to bed thinking which of these factors I can eliminate and well… smoking is very casual already but the rest…hard stuff is hard! Being the narcissist I am, dying my hair is not really an option. I have only done some shades once in my -close to 30- years of life cos I feel like cheating on myself if I change my natural colour (I know… I know). So where does that leave me?
1) I found out I still have a decade before I turn all white headed so that’s somewhat reassuring for now.
2) I can go meet that lady at the super-market who asked me if I was over 18 to sell me some tobacco offer (God bless her!) when I really freak out about the situation.
3) I can rant to Mf about how unfair it is that for guys it’s the epitome of attractiveness but for us it’s more related to retirement.
4) I can say to myself that I may have a few (very few ok??) grey hair, but I had a lot more grey in me when I was younger…
All in all… bring it on!
March 21, 2013 § 1 Comment
March 16, 2013 § Leave a comment
Night in a necklace