May 20, 2013 § Leave a comment
Washing/drying/ironing/ your baby sis’/daughter’s tiny undies. Not good for your mental health.
April 23, 2013 § Leave a comment
Unless you’ve drooled on your other half while sleeping, you’re not intimate enough.
April 22, 2013 § 2 Comments
It’s been one of those nights. All my thoughts were negative ones, fear for the future consumed me and knocking my head to the wall seemed like a pretty freaking awesome idea, not to add quite a spectacular escapade. Thank God we can blame hormones for this momentum. To be honest, we can blame hormones for
pretty much everything (in your face, male ones!).
So, what is the mature way to deal with all this? Hug your guy? Go for a walk, talk to your family or best friend maybe? Have some wine and consider things in their true dimension -which means not as exaggerated as Jodie Foster’s Oscar speech (sorry dear… I used to love you but it came to an end that night).
No, no and no. What I did was risotto. Lemon risotto with corn and rosemary to be exact, and it worked like a charm (well for a while at least, I had to call Mf for support eventually, gotta give the credits).
So I thought I should share the recipe for you to use in such a night. May your souls find the same comfort in it as mine did!
Lemon Risotto with Corn and Rosemary
* (risotto should be made for as few as possible but I needed the longer ritual for therapeutic reasons tonight and what follows is a list for 7 servings)
*i’m observing Lent, so I couldn’t use any Parm. There isn’t a risotto without “mantecatura” of course, so add some extra for my sake!
Olive oil (enough to cover the bottom of a wide and deep casserole)
4 tb of butter
1 big onion (finely chopped)
3 garlic cloves (sliced)
500 gr of Arborio rice
200 ml of dry white wine
2 l of chicken/vegetable broth
300 gr of canned corn
zest from 1 medium lemon
juice from 1 medium lemon
2 rosemary needles (fresh and finely chopped)
5 tb of Parmigiano Reggiano
freshly ground pepper
Make the broth and keep it warm till the end.
Heat the oil along with 2 tb of butter to medium heat.
Add onions and garlic till they turn golden.
Add the rice and stir till it goes opaque. Don’t stop stirring or it’ll decorate the bottom of your pan for the rest of your life.
Pour the wine and wait till it vaporizes slowly but fully. I said fully!!
Pour enough broth to slightly cover the rice and stir. Wait till it’s fully absorbed (yes, fully goddammit, don’t go bored on me now!). Repeat till you use half of the broth.
Add lemon zest, corn and rosemary.
Keep stirring and adding the broth till the rice is liquid, creamy but still sticks to your tooth. It’ll look “wavy” (al’onda).
Remove the casserole from heat, add Parmigiano, lemon juice, rest of butter and fresh pepper and stir.
Let the risotto rest for 2-3 minutes.
Serve and enjoy. It’s divine, I promise.
You are now ready to call your other half and shoo the blackness out of your system (at least for tonight).
April 20, 2013 § Leave a comment
April 18, 2013 § Leave a comment
Definition of passive-aggressive: Leaving a pizza in the fridge when you know someone at home is observing Lent.
April 17, 2013 § Leave a comment
A list of things I fear about becoming 30. May they fly away once out there!
1) That people will pester me about starting a family.
2) That I’ll probably never start one.
3) That everyone will start noticing my grey hair.
4) That I’ll be having less sex.
6) That I’ll be attracting 20 year old college boys. Only.
7) That I’ll never own an apartment that I can decorate according to my taste.
8) That I’ll never own my dream office for my private practice.
9) That I’ll actually have to start using all those beauty products in my cabin.
10) That I’ll have to cut
down on booze.
11) That people in the bus will start addressing me in courtesy language.
12) That I’ll have to cut my hair, cos long
doesn’t flatter older women.
13) That I might consider staying on 29. For ever.
14) That I might never again want to celebrate my birthday.
15) That all my friends will be talking about babies and family holidays.
16) That if I arrange my girls-only dream trip, none will be able to join cos they’ll be breastfeeding.
17) That I may start crying during romantic comedies.
19) That playing all day COD with my man will not be considered a cool thing anymore.
20) That once 5) happens people will be hooking me up with a bunch of nice guys whereas I’ll just want to turn into a lesbian.
21) That the first thing I’ll open my eyes to once I’m 30 will be my first wrinkle.
22) That people will get me presents with lame jokes about getting older.
23) That it’ll be inappropriate to sing this out loud.
24) That I’ll start saving money for boobs instead of retirement.
25) That I’ll start saving money for retirement instead of boobs.
26) That movies+dinner will be considered an adventure.
27) That I’ll wear my heels even less often than now.
28) That when the day comes, I’ll act like Joey.
29) That I’ll start having a crush on Justin Bieber.
30) That I’ll have even more moronic fears like these.